La Primavera! La Primavera!

“A little Madness in the Spring Is wholesome even for the King.” ~ Emily Dickinson

Call Doctor McDreamy, because I’ve caught SPRING FEVER!
Wow, what a gorgeous couple of sunny, warm, breezy summer-like days we’ve had here in the city, so in keeping with the simpler things — and having time to venture outside and smell the hyacinths — I thought I’d offer up a quickie! Quickie Italian lesson that is, so get your mind out of the gutter and let’s go!

Spring = la primavera.

Now, I’ll bet you a chocolate-covered cannoli you’ve uttered these words while ordering a delicioso pasta primavera — a light dish of pasta and fresh vegetables — at an Italian restaurant (and NO, The Olive Garden does NOT count as an Italian Restaurant, but I’m pretty positive you already know that).

spring pretty La Primavera! La Primavera!

Since we’re on a roll here, let’s continue with the other three seasons and the months of the year.
Note: The names of the months (i mesi) are not capitalized in Italian.

Summer – l’estate
Autumn -l’autunno
Winter – l’inverno

January – gennaio
February – febbraio
March – marzo
April – aprile
May – maggio
June – giugno
July – luglio
August – agosto
September – settembre
October – ottobre
November – novembre
December – dicembre (pronounced ‘dee-CHEHM-bray’, just so fun to say, isn’t it?)

Why not keep this quickie going — here are the days of the Week
The days of the week (i giorni della settimana) are also not capitalized
Monday – lunedì
Tuesday – martedì
Wednesday – mercoledì
Thursday – giovedì
Friday – venerdì
Saturday – sabato
Sunday – domenica

HINT: Try turning on your “ITALIAN MODE” — it helps with your accent!
ital mode La Primavera! La Primavera!

YOUR TURN: Please share with your favorite thing about SPRING — Bonus points for also sharing your favorite month!

7 Responses to “La Primavera! La Primavera!”

Last week I wrote a post complaining about our crummy weather and talking about the transition from Winter to Spring. Well, Mamma Natura must have listened, ’cause just like that the season changed — actually going straight from Winter to Summer. Though I welcomed the sun and soft air, my feet and wardrobe were not prepared. Glad that a little primavera is back so there’s time to appreciate each season.
    Style Maniac recently posted..Black Leather & Bright LiningsMy Profile

I hear you @ Style Maniac – I need about 8 hours to transition my closets from Winter to the warmer weather — thankfully, I had one pair of flip flops available! :)
    "Me" recently posted..La Primavera! La Primavera!My Profile

3. Barbara says:

La Primavera I was somewhat prepared for, but l’estate kind of threw me. LIke you I found one pair of flip flops to get me through. I’m so grateful I had a pedicure last week! I had a sneaking suspicion we’d be thrown forward. Mind you…I am NOT complaining!
    b
    Barbara recently posted..Scatterbrain…Is It Just Me?My Profile

@ Barbara good point — it did heat up fairly quickly the past couple of days, but the sunshine on my skin feels sooooo good – and very welcome!
    "Me" recently posted..La Primavera! La Primavera!My Profile

5. steph says:

You make me laugh – always a good thing. It perks me up even when I don’t really need to be perked up when I visit your site. Thanks for the lesson. I’ve got a pretty good handle on Spanish and Italian is very similar. I just need to practice with my speaking mode turned on.
    steph recently posted..The Lure of GrandparentsMy Profile

6. steph says:

steph recently posted..The Lure of GrandparentsMy Profile

@ steph: thanks for the kind words — did you know flattery will get you everywhere? tee hee :) – glad I have the ability to make you laugh – love that!! You made my day, girl!
    "Me" recently posted..La Primavera! La Primavera!My Profile