The Sh!t List!

“Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.” ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero

A short & sweet post today.
Well, maybe not all that sweet — more stinky, but I like the message anyway.

Mom had a saying which I found myself using today regarding a pain-in-the-ass family member. I said, “they’ve made it to my SHIT LIST”! I realized I haven’t used that phrase in awhile, so it was quite overdue. The Sh!t List began when I was little and Mom was beginning to lose her patience. She’d give us this warning when we were getting out of hand, “you better cut that out right now, or you’ll end up on my sh!t list”! Direct and to the point, and we got it.

shit The Sh!t List!

You get the drift too, I’m sure. So if anyone made it to your sh!t list recently, please share below by clicking that comment button — you can use code names, intitials, symbols, or feel free to tell us the whole sh!tty story.

ITALIAN LESSON: Merda = Sh*t, though not used nearly as often as English. Except in Siamo nella merda = “We’re in the shit.”

Stay on the good side Madness, and head to the home page: HERE.

9 Responses to “The Sh!t List!”

1. barbara says:

I’m sure both of my kids knew when they were on my shit list whether I actually said it or not. Conversely I’ve found myself on theirs over the years. Shit for Shat, so to speak.
    b

Shit for shat — clever!! :)
    "Me" recently posted..The Sh!t List!My Profile

3. Jotter Girl says:

My mother would die a thousand deaths before she would ever say shit. I love reading about families that aren’t quite so up tight!
    Jotter Girl recently posted..30 Second Story…..the invention of WTFMy Profile

4. Wow, I hate to admit it, but this brings back MEMORIES!!!! LOL! So honest!
    Shelly Gregory recently posted..Weekend Retreat!My Profile

@ Shelly Gregory:
    Yes, I am honest for sure, and I won’t hold back my swear words – haha :) Thanks for the comment!
    "Me" recently posted..The Sh!t List!My Profile

6. Jen says:

Boy, I can identify. I distinctly remember times I have heard my mother swear. It happened three times. Twice it was “bitch” and once it was “shit”.
    Turns out, now that I’m an adult, I really enjoy swearing in front of her. >:-) We are very close and I think she finds me pretty funny.

@ Jen:
    Thanks for stopping by Jen! Only three times, huh? Wow – your mom is a saint! :)
    "Me" recently posted..7 Links ChallengeMy Profile

8. [...] words always made me laugh. Her wit was mentioned in a few of my previous Madness posts such as The Sh!t List!, Mom’s Prison Rap, My Clever Ma and This Little [...]

9. i hear that…i have a few on my shit list to funny ….thanks for sharing such original content